Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, July 21, 2007

There's Something Funny Afoot

The word "Hung" has been vexing me of late.

No wait, don't hit "Back".

I worked late the other night and hit McDonald's on the way home. As I paid at the drive through window, I looked up at the fella handing me the bag. His name tag read, in large letters, "HUNG".

I chuckled and am pretty sure he noticed. I'm such a dick.

The next night, I was watching "Top Chef" with the DW and there's a guy on there named "Hung". The NEXT day, I get an email from an Asian distributor who's interested in our products. His name is, yep, "Hung".

Maybe I'm being insensitive. Perhaps in other cultures the name "Mark" means "hung like a Rhino". Maybe not. It just dawned on me that if my name was Hung, I would search the world looking for a job who's nametag had the format "Hi, I'm XXXX. Can I Help You?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home