Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Living In A Sewer


Warning: Serious bitching and moaning ahead.

Words simply cannot describe how much I hate living in the Northwest.

Today is June 16, 2007. The heat in the house just turned off because we program it to turn off at night while we huddle under quilts. At one time, I actually said that we would save money not running an air conditioner here (because almost no house has one). What I didn't realize is that you have to run the f'ing furnace ALL YEAR LONG.

It rains, damn near, every day. When we moved here two years ago next month, we always heard "it hardly rains here at all. We just tell people that to keep them from moving here."

Bull. Shit. It rains every damned day. In fact, it was supposed to be nice today, but decided instead to rain. Four of the seven days next week are supposed to be rain free, as today was. I guarantee it will rain somewhere in this area.

It has topped 80 one day this year. It has hit 70 maybe 6 days. Summer officially begins next week and it'll be in the 60's. This place is nothing but clouds, water, mold and worms. And right now is supposed to be the nice period.

God, do I miss the Midwest or East Coast. :(

6 Comments:

  • Feel free to borrow my 110 degree days for a few weeks. I'll gladly take your rain for three months.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:42 PM  

  • Heh. Quick weather update. Take those four sunny days in the middle of that chart and add rain to two of them. Then, lob 10 degrees off the temperature on Saturday.

    I hate this fucking place.

    By Blogger Mkae, at 6:58 AM  

  • It's even nicer here. Though I bet my mom's complaining about it being in the 80s.

    By Blogger Jason, at 10:05 AM  

  • Sunny southern california is nice, just FYI. ;)

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 1:17 PM  

  • Yeah, until it falls into the ocean.

    By Blogger Jason, at 9:15 AM  

  • It hasn't?

    By Blogger Mkae, at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home