Soon To Be Classics

Monday, August 29, 2005

Scotty, beam me up and pick up a loaf of bread on your way home!

In early July, Kyle and I were in the T-Mobile store in MacArthur Mall as I was looking for a phone. I asked him "I wonder why they don't have a phone that looks like a Star Trek Communicator. I'd buy one. Wouldn't you?"

He looked at me in horror and said "Absolutely not." I apparently went over the geek quotient at that point.

And then, two months later, I read this:

Star Trek Phone

There's no picture of the phone, but if it looks like the classic communicator, it's going to be hard to resist. Especially since it comes out roughly the same time my current contract runs out.

1 Comments:

  • I'll match your geek quotient -- that sounds like something I'd buy.

    Although what I really want is a TNG tricorder. (And yes, I know there was an instrument made to resemble one, but it was hellishly expensive and was really a scientific instrument. Of course, "hellishly expensive scientific instrument" is an oxymoron.)

    By Blogger Major Rakal, at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home