Soon To Be Classics

Monday, August 22, 2005

Ok, so Shocho legally tagged me and challenged me to do a meme, here I go.

I will confess that I looked it up to make sure I was doing this right. Unfortunately, I got little help there so I'll just follow Chuck's example. I would also like to mention that I had a great deal of trouble picking out five of most of these categories. For example. I could originally only think of 2 famous people I'd like to meet and that was a strain? Is that normal or is there just something wrong with me that my level of hero worship is severely lacking. Oh well, here's the list.

10 years ago today:
Working at WNKO-FM Radio in Central Ohio. Dating a beautiful woman that I hope someday will be happy. I had just got into playtesting with "The Company" and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Also, I had just met Shocho a few months earlier.

5 years ago today:
Still working at WNKO and was a popular celebrity. Boy, that was nice. In a relationship with another beautiful woman that was just about to take a really horrible turn for the worse. Thank goodness for good friends. Had resisted at least two job offers to move to Virginia by this time because I really, deep down, didn't want to work full time there. Chalk one up to spidey-sense.


1 year ago today:
Working at the company and feeling good. GenCon was terrific and the preview "party" for WARS TCG was well recieved. Things were exciting but I knew that it was a long road uphill to achieve solvency. Somewhere in the background, the drums sounded "DOOM", "DOOM", "DOOM".


Yesterday: August 21, 2005
Sitting on a plane talking to a retired Navy Seal and an elementary school teacher. Regretting I hadn't tucked any Clix toys in my bag because the poor kid behind me was scared and miserable on the plane. Won't make that mistake again. I really like Frontier Airlines. A nice experience all around.

Tomorrow: August 23, 2005
Fending off the challenges of my young, 23-year old assistant who keeps badgering me to put a 300 point army together. He'll get his.

5 snacks I enjoy:
Doritos, M&Ms, peanuts, animal crackers, 3 Musketeers

5 things I'd do with a million dollars:
Move somewhere I want to. Build a house with a room for just my stuff. Set my kids up for college tuition. Hire a personal trainer to make me get into shape. Help someone on the verge of despair realize that miracles can happen.

5 places I'd run away to:
St. John Island in the Carribbean. The sweet moments in my past. My Dad's grave, at least one more time. Vegas, for the lights at night. Scotland, because I have a place to shack up.

5 bad habits I have:
Eating too much. Irritability when I'm frustrated. Forgetting my place. Thinking I know more than I do. Forgetting to charge the ring every 24 hours.

5 things I like doing:
Seeing old friends, which is becoming harder to do. Making my family happy. Stargazing and wondering. Listening to the radio. Wrestling with my children.

5 things I wouldn't wear:
An albatross. Suede. Cowboy hat. The white "Miami Vice" jacket I USED to wear in the 80's. A TYG t-shirt.

5 tv shows I love:
24 hour news. Seinfeld. Battlestar Galactic. Star Trek (the good ones). SNL when it's funny.

5 movies I love:
Die Hard. Raiders of the Lost Ark. The Blues Brothers. Zorro The Gay Blade. Star Wars (the first one, screw you Lucas)

5 famous people I'd like to meet:
Laura Bush. Jack Kirby. Lynda Carter. Lynda Carter. Sorry, did I mention that already? Anyone that can introduce me to Lynda Carter.

5 biggest joys at the moment:
My son. My daughter. Nothing else comes close enough to list.

5 favorite toys:
My new car that I jokingly referred to as "The Batmobile" and now my wife calls it that because she really enjoys driving it. My computer. My Xbox if there's someone to play with. My pocket magic tricks I have neglected for so long. The Ultimate Nullifier.

5 wishes I know won't come true:
I wish you COULD go home again.
I wish at some point in my life I could feel like I can relax again.
I wish the world had heroes.
I wish time didn't speed up when I'm with my kids and slow down when I'm not.
I wish my Dad had met his grandchildren.

2 Comments:

  • Personal trainer, yeah, that's a good one. Loved the ring comment.

    By Blogger Shocho, at 4:30 AM  

  • Hey, you didn't tag anyone. Isn't that against the rules?

    Count me in on the wish that one could go home again. That one cannot is one of those hard truths that I learned long ago.

    By Blogger Major Rakal, at 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home