Soon To Be Classics

Thursday, January 01, 2009

I'm Sure It's Our Fault Too


If you haven't followed the other side of global warming (the fact that this is one of the coldest years on record) you might have missed that scientists have been tracking the reduction of sunspot activity on the sun. You can read the assessment for 2008 here.

Now I'm sure that somewhere, someone is going to state that the lack of sunspots in 2008 is because I drive a mini-van. Because really, mankind is so powerful that we can affect said activity on an astronomical body millions of times the Earth's mass and 93 million miles away. Isn't the Earth still the center of the Universe?

2 Comments:

  • Well you know I think Al Gore is an lunatic. Still can't we agree that most of the resources on the planet are finite and that pollution is bad?

    By Blogger TMac, at 8:40 PM  

  • Of course. Everything in the Universe if finite and yes, pollution is bad. If I could afford a hybrid, I would drive one. I rented a Prius once and loved it. I recycle and when I take the kids to the local park, I bring a pair of work gloves and clean up the trash other people drop.

    Before we commit millions of dollars to something, let's make sure that we know the cause. Not sure if you're old enough to remember this TMac, but in the 70's there was equivalent, rampant hysteria that another ice age was coming. This of course was caused by all of us using Right Guard in a n aerosol can.

    Maybe in 20 more years the Killer Bees will finally make it north from South America. Been waiting for them for a while now.

    By Blogger Mkae, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home