Soon To Be Classics

Monday, July 21, 2008

Oedipus Rex, He Loved His Mother

That's the funny thing about prophecy. It usually comes true but never how you expect.

To update my last story, I used the word prophecy relating to my run-in with a kindly, blind woman on a plane that told me quite matter of factly that I would get an offer on my house in a week. I'm actually trying to remember now if that's precisely what she said. That's the funny thing about prophecies. As Oedipus discovered, the devil is in the details.

No, we didn't get an offer on the house. We didn't even have a showing. No movement at all. Nothing. Nada.

But something else really peculiar and potentially and end to a means did happen. I cannot discuss it with you all, unfortunately. But it is hard to not link the two events. :)

1 Comments:

  • ...and with that statement, he departed. He left the room as a white-collar criminal leaves the scene of his crime: deliberately, confidently, the barest trace of a smirk on his face. The audience, of course, could only puzzle at his meaning.

    Then the buzzer went off, signaling that the coffee was complete. They returned to their normal activity, which until a few minutes earlier had consisted of a knife fight over the last of the flavoured creamer.

    By Blogger Beanie, at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home