Soon To Be Classics

Monday, July 31, 2006

Once More Into the Breach

Ok, several months ago I posted about my new diet I was doing with the wife. We were doing the whole Weight Watchers "point counting" thing. That didn't go so well because for me, I don't have time to count the point and measure the food. Breakfast and dinners were fine, but the lunches were killers.

So while this is going on, I notice a guy at work who's freakin' melting away. In something like the past 4 months, he's lost 50 pounds! So I finally ask him how he's doing it and he tells me about this diet he's on. The basic point of the diet is that you take calories in from either carbs or proteisn. Other diets pick one or the other and your body figures out what's going on and adjusts your metabolism accordingly. With this diet, you keep changing up the source (carbs or proteins) every couple of days so your metabolism doesn't have a chance to change. It's 11 days on, three days off, lather, rinse, repeat.

Yesterday, was an "all fruit day" which damn near killed me. Today, I ate a plate of bacon for breakfast. Translation: Yesterday was a carbs day, today is a protein day.

THe promise is that you can lose up to 9 pounds in that 11 day period. Yikes. It sounds really dangerous if you read the Weight Watchers materials but for right now I'd like to get about 30 pounds off. It also stresses doing nothing more than brisk walking for 45 minutes a day and drinking about 10 glasses of water. The best part of it, is that I choose 30 of my favorite things to eat (within reason) from a list and makes me an 11-day menu. No points, weighing, etc. Plus, you can eat as much as you want at each meal as long as you walk away from the table just shy of being "full".

Lastly, it only cost me $27. Scott told me it was the best $27 he ever spent at .50 cents per pound.

The link is Fat Loss For Idiots. I did some research on it before I started Friday night and most reviewers begrudgingly said they didn't see much problem with it as a short term, quick weight loss.

So, I'm on Day 3 and have lost 2 pounds already. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

  • I am very interested in how this works out for you...

    By Blogger BubbaJoe, at 5:44 PM  

  • I will be watching as well. Looking to drop 50 of my own, and the deal I am on now is not working.....

    By Blogger Roycer, at 8:27 PM  

  • Its the ninth day now, how's it going?

    By Blogger Roycer, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home