Soon To Be Classics

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4th Rocked!

As much as I despise the sewer I live in now, I do have to say that July 4th here was pretty cool. Turns out, I live in an unincorporated area between two cities. That means pretty much all fireworks are legal! Woot!! I got to go to a fireworks trailer and buy all kinds of good stuff! Man, you thought the candy store was bad. At least I was aware of the limitations of my property line. Since I didn't want to burn down the neighbor's house, I kept it to mostly things that stayed on the ground. (Damn.)

We went to the Renton fireworks first over Lake Washington. The cool thing here is that you could not only see the Renton show, but also Seattle's a couple of other cities and the hundreds of roman candles and flares from the Mercer island skyline of homes. It was literally one of the largest total shows I've ever seen.

Then, we came back home and lit stuff. We let the kids stay up til after midnight but had a blast. Hope all of you had as much fun.

By the way, I still have 10 fingers. Success!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home