Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, March 25, 2006

If You're Happy And You Know It...

Gelett Burgess once wrote:

There is work that is work and there is play that is play; there is play that is work and work that is play. And in only one of these lies happiness.

I think the reason that I'm contemplating this is that while I have plenty of work, I have no play in my life. There's lots of play at work, don't get me wrong, but once I leave work, not so much. I used to do Paintball, which was some of the most fun I've ever had. I also used to go game at my local shop but there's no appeal there anymore after moving twice. I play with the kids, sure, but that only goes so far. I just don't have fun anymore, and it's wearing on me. I've contemplated getting a bike, but that would probably just kill me. Paintball is out since I uh...sold my equipment. Yeah, that's it and not my 40-year old body.

At the moment, I'm really at a loss. I know that they all say when the kids are in the years between birth and school your life essentially stops. That really sucks for us parents, you know?

2 Comments:

  • Ooooh! You should look into Tae Kwon Do! There are a lot of families at our gym. It seems to be quite the family sport. And it's a BLAST! The bonus is that you get/stay in great shape and pick up some great self defense stuff. The family that kicks together sticks together, LOL!

    Obviously I love TKD.

    By Blogger C, at 6:28 AM  

  • What's funny Candace, is that I actually have taken martial arts twice in my life. Not TKD, but Ishin-Ryu and Shotokan. Ishin-Ryu is "street fighter" karate and is a lot of fun. Shotokan wasn't much fun. It's a good idea though. I hadn't considered getting back into that. Thanks for the idea.

    By Blogger Mkae, at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home