Soon To Be Classics

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Life Isn't Fair Part II

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Something very good happened to me that I'll write about in a few days as I have to wait for an official announcement. Suffice it to say that I was in a great mood and even the usual downers in my life couldn't snuff it out.

After dinner, I went for a walk. I had my cell in my pocket so I decided to call a friend of mine back in Ohio and share my news with him. When he answered the phone, I could immediately tell something was wrong. It turns out a mutual friend, and guy that I used to game with a lot, lost his son yesterday to respiratory complications.

His son was four years old.

There is no justification on Earth or in Heaven for this. I know a lot of you that read this aren't parents, but there is nothing in your life more precious than your child. You would gladly lay down your life for them, given the chance. I can only imagine, and hope to never know, how he is feeling right now. He and his family are in my prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home