Soon To Be Classics

Friday, March 10, 2006

And Now, The News

The other day I mentioned something good had happened. Well, the announcements were made so I can talk about it now. I was promoted at work out of the Sales position I was in into Brand Management. It's a great opportunity with a LOT of responsibility. My last two days (or my first two in the position) have been an absolute train wreck of work trying to get into this.

I'll be the BM for two games, one has been out for a bit and needs some TLC and the other is coming out in August. Both are really great and I think both have "legs" as we say.

Reaction to my news has been mixed, which has struck me as really odd. I'm happy, as I didn't find Sales very fulfilling. This affords me much more creativity so I'm anxious to pursue the different avenues opening up to me. In fact, just today I actually said these phrases in a work meeting:

"Will he have electrodes coming out of his head?"
"You could put a cape on him, you know."
"A big black Fedora. That would be cool."
"What if there was a body, coming out of the other body. No wait, go with me on this one."

I'll be in Las Vegas all next week at a trade show hooking up with some old industry friends and stretching my legs in my new position. I'll try to update the entries while I'm there. There's also another piece of incredibly bizarre news that I hope to share within the week.

Stay tuned.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home