Soon To Be Classics

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Searching for a home

The last time I had to look for a house, there were three of us, and one on the way. This time, there are four of us plus mom. Five is much more than 3 and a half. It's really proving to be quite daunting.

The market is high, but no more so than in Virginia. The big problem is the commute to work. No matter what I do, it's going to be brutal. I'm willing to take that, to make sure my family is in a good neighborhood and my kids go to good schools. That's what dads do.

What does amaze me is how frickin' lazy home sellers are. I've seen more pieces of trash than I care to count. If you're trying to sell your house, clean up your shit. At least do the dishes and pick the peanut butter toast up off the counter. White trash shouldn't own houses.

Rant off.

PS: NEVER push the "red button" in a house. The last house we looked at tonight apparantly had the world's most paranoid elderly couple. The house is LOADED with panic buttons. I'm genuinely surprised that you couldn't hear the alarm in Virginia.

3 Comments:

  • Those home sellers need a dose of HGTV's "Designed to Sell." I think that show goes a little overboard sometimes, but at least they get the sellers to clean the place up.

    Re: your P.S. -- Are you implying that you pushed a red button in that house? Tsk, tsk.

    By Blogger Major Rakal, at 11:28 AM  

  • What the Major said about the red button. Do tell!

    By Blogger thisismarcus, at 1:37 PM  

  • Of course we pushed the red button. Seriously.

    By Blogger Mkae, at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home