Soon To Be Classics

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Blogging From The Road

24 hours and over 1200 miles later, I made it almost halfway to my new job's city. I'm now sitting at the in-laws house in St. Paul, MN.

And it's my 40th birthday.

I really didn't spend anytime sightseeing or taking pictures, although I did want to take a photo of a giant sign that said CHEESE in Wisconsin for Cheddar. I assume he's seen it before.

The trip was pretty fast, quiet and without any real incident. That's what happens when you drive a mini-van like a stock car. People will get out of your way.

The highlight of the day was of course talking to my kids on the cellphone. I miss them already and hope the time apart will be short. The low point of my day came when the wife told me ON THE WAY TO TAKING MY SON TO THE DOCTOR that "the company" didn't pay the health insurance bill and we'd been cancelled. Nice.

Tomorrow, I leave for the last two days and will add three new states to my game. (I'll explain that later.) I promise at least ONE funny picture.

6 Comments:

  • Yeah, I got a cancellation notice from Anthem today too. Emailed Pamela, who replied that the bill should be paid tomorrow and it will be reinstated retroactively. So you should be able to get reimbursed if your wife had to pay the full bill at the doctor.

    Oh, and happy birthday, old man. ;-)

    By Blogger Major Rakal, at 7:22 PM  

  • Grats on the bday, man! It's just another year, even though it ends in zero. Although you can buy your mount now. :)

    By Blogger Shocho, at 4:23 AM  

  • safe travel!

    By Blogger erika, at 6:21 AM  

  • Oh my God Chuck, I never realized that the mount was just WoW's "mid-life crisis"!

    What's funny, is that since we sold all of our cars but the one I'm driving, I get to buy a new car when I get there. I have been eyeing a jeep and my brother-in-law had this advice for me last night.

    "Don't get a jeep. Make at least one more fiscially sound decision before you become a retard."

    Wise words, those.

    By Blogger Mkae, at 6:32 AM  

  • Happy Birthday and continued safe travels!! I still think you shoulda bought a chopper and gotten an metal flaked American flag helmet for the trip.

    By Blogger Dave(id), at 10:33 AM  

  • Yeah, ditto everybody. Happy everything! When does the new job start?

    By Blogger thisismarcus, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home