Soon To Be Classics

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Audrey IM's At Work, And Other 24 Developments



This is so cool! I can use Mapquest to see my house! Woot!



So it was the hour before tea time, as a brit might say and things are certainly hopping on 24. Once again, I watched under "Tivo time" so I'm able to absorb ridiculous points and pass it along to you.

The following takes place in no particular order:

- Curtis is the most forgiving agent in law enforcement history:

Bzzt!
Curtis: This is Curtis. Jack just beat the shit out of me and dumped me on the side of the road. I woke up when a dog pee'd on me.
Lynn: (yelling) Where is he now???
Curtis: He's peeing on fire hydrant across the street.
Lynn: NOT THE DOG!! WHERE'S BAUER??
Curtis: Oh, you mean Jack Bauer. He took my car. I'm very calm about this and suprisingly uninjured as I had my oxygen cut off only 3 and a half minutes ago.
Lynn: Get back here so you can threaten me next week!

- I kinda liked Ervich. He should know that when you enter a room and your boss has his back to you, he's going to stab you. It's happened to me.

- Lynn has a bad choice in ex-girlfriends. Wasn't she in Til Tuesday? Aha! Now the boyfriend is "running the show". He'll get far. He has the keycard which means Lynn now can't get into the CTU lunchroom (which I think is where Edgar was this entire episode).

- How did they get Benny Hill to play James Nathenson? That's a ratings score!!

- Uh oh, Nathenson knows that Jack used to run Audrey "through a high pass filter". Or maybe he "opened a port". Not sure.

- So the terrorists aren't going after us. They're after the Russians. Or us. Whichever is convenient.

- Is it just me or is Mike Novick's hair growing?

- Data mining software looks like Pong on crack. So that's the appeal of computer work in the CIA!

- What the hell is Martha thinking? Ok, my husband was going to send me to a mental institution. Check. He's probably going to sell out our new Russian friend couple. Check. I think I'll get in the car with them. Check. This seems like a good idea.

- Lynn is such a bastard. At least he's developing enough of a personality that you'll be happy when someone (Curtis?) feeds him his tie.

- How in hell did Lynn ever get to his current level with a) his past associates and b) his inability to take criticism?

So another hour is down and it was fun. The previews for next week look pretty good as I think we'll see Lynn's meltdown continue. This really touches all of us that have had "bad boss syndrome". I can't wait!

3 Comments:

  • So far I am loving this season as much as the second one. I love how every time you think there's a bad guy he dies and a new one pops up!

    By Blogger DEATH_BY_MONKEYS, at 10:14 PM  

  • Quick notes!

    'Til Tuesday girl is actually the Stupid Fat Hobbit's sister. Ex-girlfriend? Gross! :P

    Aimee Mann was the lead singer of 'Til Tuesday. She appeared as herself on an episode of Buffy. So far I like her as an actress in that one role better than I do Stupid Fat Hobbit's Sister.

    By Blogger The1GWiz, at 3:58 AM  

  • You know Death, that's a great blog countdown we could do...

    By season's end, will there be more head bad guys on "24" or Pegasus Commanders on "Battlestar Galactica"?

    And GWiz, I was kidding about that being Amie Mann. 17 years in radio means there's no way I'd miss that. :)

    By Blogger Mkae, at 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home