Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, February 11, 2006

You Can't Get There From Here

Today was supposed to be my trip to New York City for the International Toy Fair. However, when I got to the airport, they had cancelled my flight and were giving no options for getting to NYC. A major snowstorm was creeping up the East Coast and the big city was expecting 6-12 inches of snow.

What surprised me about this is that the airlines really seemed to be unconcerned about making good on my ticket. They will refund it, sure, but they didn't seem very concerned about getting me to where I was supposed to be. My best option was getting into Newark, NJ at around 12am Monday morning. I would have already missed a couple of important meetings and that didn't even take into consideration the LONG cab ride from Newark (which would be worse if there was snow).

Our big concern was getting into the air and THEN getting diverted if (or when) the Newark airport shuts down. So my trip didn't happen and I will miss out on my yearly trip to New York, which I really do enjoy.

3 Comments:

  • We've got over a foot already and it's only 1:26 pm on Sunday. What a shame - I was looking forward to seeing you, but I guess there's always next year.

    By Blogger Hayden, at 10:29 AM  

  • darn it, I thought this was going to be about how you forgot that you needed a passport to travel outside the country.

    Oh wait...

    :(

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 7:38 AM  

  • Whoah... I thought I was at Evan's blog for a sec there :).

    Count yourself lucky, Mark. Some industry people we both know well enough were DUE to fly to NY on Saturday and they arrived Monday. It couldn't happen to nicer folk!

    By Blogger thisismarcus, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home