Soon To Be Classics

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

All You Can Binge And Purge, Just $11.95

My wife and I have horrible luck finding decent restaurants.

Since we began dating, we've had terrible luck in restaurants. Bad food, horrible service, you name it.

We moved to the upper Northwest in August and in that time, have yet to find any of the "staples" that we like: Pizza, Mexican, Chinese. We haven't been out alone in a while so we decided to give a Chinese buffet a try that's near our house. We should have known we were in trouble when we walk in and there is ONE couple there.

So it's a typical Chinese buffet except at first glance, we notice the food looks very enemic. We should have walked right there. It was horrible. Literally. Everything we put on our plate was just wretched. At one point, Jen says "I hope this doesn't come up later. Then again, maybe I do."

Even the deserts were bad. I had a "steamed dinner roll" which literally had no taste whatsoever. Imagine putting a wad of dough in the oven for 30 seconds and this is what you'd get. Jen almost liked the sugar donuts but when you could almost see the grease dripping off of it, she realized it was a clean sweep of culinary crap.

$24 later (!) we finally left. At least the Diet Pepsi wasn't bad.

So this is the second Chinese place we've been to and both were horrid. The only thing left near us is Terriyaki, which I'm not a big fan of. The big problem is that it is expensive finding a good place. We're out $24 and we wish we'd throw up. By the way, we opted to skip on the fortune cookie. I'm pretty sure it would have read "You have food poisoning."

3 Comments:

  • Man. That stinks. Over on the other side here we have some great place.

    Try to find a fiesta mexican restraunt. REALLY GOOD.

    Dicks cheesburgers up in seattle are awesome but you are further away. Um. Claimjumper is good but a little pricey. California pizza kitchen is a good place. Also, Central Market pizza in shoreline is my favorite pizza place but would probably be a longer drive.

    I wished I lived on that side so I could help you out more.

    By Blogger DEATH_BY_MONKEYS, at 2:18 PM  

  • And all I hear from the Seattle-ites here in the office are "Man, there are no good teriyaki places down here!"

    By Blogger Jason, at 10:07 AM  

  • There is AWESOME teriaki over here in bremerton area. A place called Chung's teriaki. I am not a huge teriaki fan in the first place and it's by far my favorite meal.

    By Blogger DEATH_BY_MONKEYS, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home