Soon To Be Classics

Monday, January 23, 2006

There Are Gremlins In My Blog



In case any of the four people that read my blog are wondering, yes, I've changed the Blog template. Why? In a desperate attempt to try and resolve the bugged HTML that is screwing up the top nav bar. I've been through the template source code and can't figure out what happened. I would understand that if I had done something to change the template something could have broken. I could have not closed a link or accidentally deleted a tag but I haven't made any recent changes. Just all of a sudden, the top nav has been scrunched into a rectangular box that obscures my text. I assumed that template changes might fix it, but it hasn't and all I did was lose the links to all of my friends blogs.

Damn gremlins. They'll eat anything.

8 Comments:

  • And here's an update. If you view the site with IE, it's messed up. If you view with Firefox, it's fine.

    Grrr....

    By Blogger Mkae, at 10:40 PM  

  • Just another fine reason to ditch IE and get Firefox.

    By Blogger Shocho, at 6:09 AM  

  • FYI, it's not right in Firefox for the Mac, either, though not as messed-up as it is in IE for Windows.

    By Blogger Major Rakal, at 7:25 AM  

  • bill gates ownz j00

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 11:12 AM  

  • Wow, if I post to let you know I read this, will you go back and change it to "5" people.

    I changed my template as well, but only because I got bored with the old one.

    By Blogger The Information Officer, at 7:57 PM  

  • I am enteratining thoughts of designing a template myself purely to put all the CSS stuff I read last year to some practical (if painful) experimental use.

    Luckily my job has saved me from realizing I am probably a horrible web designed. Maybe iWeb can save me from actual effort...

    By Blogger Aussie-Askew, at 10:09 PM  

  • (Geeez.. shame it can't help my horrible typing!)

    By Blogger Aussie-Askew, at 10:10 PM  

  • That iWeb ad said "Every website needs content." Obviously they haven't read my blog.

    kaxpvxc

    kooky artichokes xerox personal very xanax corrections

    man that was a tough one

    mtwato

    By Blogger Shocho, at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home