Soon To Be Classics

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Snakes On A Plane


Dear God, what is happening?

Around the office we had a JPG floating around about a (so I thought) made up Samuel Jackson movie called "Snakes On A Plane". I was trying to find the JPG to post on the blog because it's just that damn funny. THEN, I cruise over to IMDB's Snakes On A Plane entry and it looks real. I then start doing blog searches on the name and come up with several hundred references to this.

I haven't found the original JPG I saw, but I found this newsgroup thread of several other creative takes on the poster.

Snakes On A Plane. Some might be a little offensive so be warned. I was laughing my ass off at "boxers or briefs mutherfucker!"

Apparantly, terrorists take over a plane full of snakes and are going to use it to commit an act of terrorism by crashing the plane (which is full of snakes) into a building and the snakes (who are on the plane) will then slither out of the wreckage and bite anyone left. Brilliant.

A handful of posters have discussed very different origins for this film but none seem to agree. Whether it's true or not is anyone's guess, but I can see someone in Hollywood greenlighting something this ridiculous.

2 Comments:

  • This is real. Apparently the "filming title" was snakes on a plane. When they had completed the movie, they were going to re-title it to something like, "Flight 105". SMJ was so angry at the title change from something so perfectly descriptive to something absolutely bland that he threw his weight around and made them stick with the shooting title.

    This movie has been talked about quite a bit on the writing blogs I frequent (and in the podcasts I listen to). It's the type of thing that makes writers either give up and die, or say, "Why didn't I think of that?"


    Whereof Proceeding Circumspect Snakes Verily Known

    By Blogger Michael J. Hercus, at 1:00 PM  

  • "Pacific Air 121" was to be the title... should have looked it up before hitting send. Oh well, it's not the real title anyway. It's "Snakes on a plane!" Man!!!


    Another Crappy Error Lying Dormant

    By Blogger Michael J. Hercus, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home