Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Down for the count

I don't ever want to spend a day like yesterday again.

The bug that my kids and wife brought back from Minnesota hit me like a hammer on Thursday morning, and while I slogged through work on Friday, by evening I was feeling pretty bad. "Not to worry", I thought. "I usually blow through colds in a day."

Not this time.

Friday, I could barely get out of bed. Literally. Stuffy nose, fever, vertigo, migranes, shakes, chills, you name it. I think it was either the flu or anthrax. At one point (which was roughly 6pm) my wife bursts into the room and asks how I could still be asleep.

Today was only slightly better. The headache and stuffiness was mostly gone but I still can't fill my lungs. I've had little taste for eating so that's actually ok.

The upside to the whole thing was that I was able to catch a couple of movies on TNT and AMC. These included True Lies (love that one), Godzilla (meh, the beginning was fun), Unbreakable (STILL the best "superhero" movie of all time) and some others.

But, I lost two days of a four day weekend by staying in bed. Of course, being at the brink of exhaustion over the last several months due to work might have been partially responsible for my condition. I won't admit that to the wife though.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • If you had admitted that thing to the wife, she would not have burst into the room waking you up by asking why you are still sleeping!!!! well, she did bring it home to share with you didn't she? :giggles:

    hope you are feeling better.

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home