Soon To Be Classics

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Cube With A View


I made mention in my last post about our new offices. They are nice even though it takes me even longer to get to work. Still, I thought I'd give you a quick taste of my daily view.

I'm on the third floor of a complex that already sits up on a hill. My "cube" if you can even call it that is right in the corner, with full windows on both sides. These pics were taken on a VERY rare sunny day.

In the distance, (and on a clear day) I can see downtown Bellevue, then downtown Seattle beyond that, the Space Needle, and beyond that, the Olympic Mountain Range.


Out the windows to the right, I can see the duck pond in the complex plus more trees and sky. Today, for some reason, the ducks were determined to make their presence known as they kept dive bombing my windows. Breaks up the spreadsheet surfing a bit.

The only bad thing is that when the sun is out, I can see my monitor. However, on principal I refuse to close the blinds to block out the sun. That way lies madness.

7 Comments:

  • Oh, how I wish for the days of working back in Washington... =(

    By Blogger BubbaJoe, at 11:01 AM  

  • That is pretty damned cool. I advise you to face your desk the other way, for (1) feng shui and (2) nerf defense. Now it's like 30 blocks from my crash pad at the Pacific Inn!

    By Blogger Shocho, at 9:47 PM  

  • I concur with our esteemed Dr Shocho. Feng Shui for the win!

    Plus, less distractions from the ducks.

    By Blogger Brad, at 5:48 AM  

  • Yeah, I know jack about feng shui, but I could write a small book on Nerf defense and he's spot-on. With the blinds open you could potentially use the window reflection as an advance warning system, but no reason to rely on that if you don't have to.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:42 PM  

  • I have no idea what feng shui is. However, we had a rocking Nerf war tonight. I used the reflections in the windows to my advantage. I just gotta get better ammo. When I got home I found a dart in my pocket. No idea how it got there.

    By Blogger Mkae, at 11:52 PM  

  • oh wow! that is a great view...how lucky you are to be able to see the outside world!

    By Blogger Max and Me, at 8:04 PM  

  • I should point out that the day I took those pics was the only sunny day the entire week. Mostly, I see rain. :(

    Still, it DOES beat a wall!

    By Blogger Mkae, at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home