Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Top 5 Memories from my Previous Job

Request Week #1:

The fourth time I was offered full time at "The Company" it was very hard to resist because of two reasons: 1) the money and 2) the insurance. My son was on the way and let's face it, Radio doesn't pay that much. So I spent 2 years there as a Full Time employee but I'm going to extend these memories all the way back to my early involvement starting in 1994.

#1 : The first SWCCG playtest. This is where I first met Shocho. There was like 30 of us there and it was a complete argument fest. Very little got done the first night. I remember a guy named Reg just screaming his opinion while Richard Borg and I sat in the back of the room and laughed. The following day I proposed the mechanic that became "Force Draining" which solved the problem of your forces bunching up at one ground and one space location.

#2 : Meeting Kendrick at WW Chicago. It was he, Jason and I and my first con for Decipher. We had one table, two pedastals and three sandwhiches. Jason and I grabbed the cold cuts and Kendrick had the tuna. Bad move. He had food poisoning for the rest of the show.

#3 : The mom jokes. There was nowhere safe. The hallways, the meetings, in email. Everything you said had the potential to be twisted into a joke. (Yeah, I know, "my mom is twisted") When we had t0 name Bojo as the rules arbitraitor for the activity we knew it was bad.

#4 : Meeting my wife at the Star Wars Celebration. Kendrick was there when I met Jen while I was doing trivia for the first Star Wars Celebration in Denver.

#5 : The kickoff for WARS TCG at GenCon 2004. I really, really thought we had something. Of course, we didn't sell $5M so it was obviously a failure. Christ.

4 Comments:

  • How could the Mustard shirt not make this list?

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 10:44 PM  

  • Some good memories sounds like.

    By Blogger DEATH_BY_MONKEYS, at 11:35 PM  

  • I can still see Kendrick curled up in a little ball in the back of the booth...

    By Blogger Jason, at 3:48 PM  

  • Oooh, forgot about the mustard shirt. Or the bandana. Did you EVER wash that G?

    By Blogger Mkae, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home