Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Well I Gotta Get A Mac Now


Well, I just have to have a Mac now.

The latest Mac commercial implies that if you own a Mac, a hot young Japanese girl will appear and be able to actually pull your digital photos out of her ass!

I mean seriously, how much would YOU pay for service like that? Well worth the price if you ask me. I wonder where she pulls digital movies from?

These commercials really are pretty funny, mostly in an unintentional way. What's great is that the comparisons are usually based on Mac's latest OS and a Windows OS that's probably 4 years old. The spot where they compare Mac's media center to PC's Calculator is priceless. That's just intellectual dishonesty right there folks.

Sure, the PC is the doofy guy in the suit and Mac is the hip young kid. I get that. But if we truly wanted a comparison, here are some thoughts for future spots.

1) Assuming that the PC guy represents market share, the Mac guy should be about 97% smaller.
2) The PC guy should be sitting on a pile of software about a mile high. The Mac guy should have about 14 titles in his hand.
3) Have the PC guy playing WoW and running through Ironforge. Then have the Mac guy try...the...same...thing...and...see...see...see...see...

From a marketing standpoint, they're great ads if not dishonest. By the way, check out The Girard's post on this http://thegirard.blogspot.com/. Very funny stuff!

5 Comments:

  • if you own a Mac, a hot young Japanese girl will appear and be able to actually pull your digital photos out of her ass!

    I mean seriously, how much would YOU pay for service like that? Well worth the price if you ask me. I wonder where she pulls digital movies from?


    LOL!

    Is there a Mac for women, too? Some gladiator dude appears and pulls stuff out of his enormous codpiece? Or do women have more sense than to buy Macs? ;-)

    By Blogger C, at 8:22 PM  

  • Since I've been on XP, my computer has frozen/involuntarily restarted *once*, and that was application-related rather than OS related.

    And then Mark brings it home at the end...

    SNAP! Shocho got served!

    Alright, I'm off to go find me that photo-totin' Japanese gal.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:41 AM  

  • a prop? I felt I had to return the favor



    txgists - probably something Jeff Foxworthy would call someone from Texas

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 9:21 PM  

  • I was gonna, and then I didn't. :)
    Ahhh... I feel better for it too!

    By Blogger Aussie-Askew, at 9:35 PM  

  • I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed that Shocho chose to ignore this thread. :)

    By Blogger Mkae, at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home