Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Garage Sale Day

My wife's favorite activity is going to weekend garage sales. She usually comes home with all manner of things and usually gets pretty good deals. From time to time, I will go with her mainly for logistics; following the map, turning the van around, finding parking, etc.

We went out today and really hit a lot of houses and saw some really strange stuff. In no particular order:
- An "estate sale" where I got the creeps walking into the house. I *KNOW* someone died in their recently. We bought a piece of tupperware so I hope it doesn't become animated and kill us tonight.
- A guy who's yard sale contained old bike parts, a rusted POS motorcycle and (and I am not making this up) two military-grade mortar launchers. I didn't ask how much for them.
- A very old die-cast Batmobile from the 60's TV show. You can tell it was original because it was made in Britian. Unfortunately, it was in awful shape.
- A binder full of Pokemon cards. I won't tell you what the price tag was as it's just sad.
- A table full of Beanie Babies. See above comment.
- An abbacus about two feet wide and three feet tall. It was probably made prior to the great technological advances that really shrunk tech in about 100 B.C.

I rarely get anything but I did see something I couldn't pass up on today. I picked up a PERFECT copy of the 2004 Axis and Allies board game for one dollar. I got the impression that the parents were selling stuff out of the son's room while he was away. Based on the condition, it doesn't appear to have every been played so he'll probably never notice it.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home