Soon To Be Classics

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Looking Forward To Snow

I love this.

The White House just named Tony Snow, the FOX News commentator and talk show radio host, as the White House Press Secretary to replace the outgoing Scott McClellan who (I think) just got fed up with the job. I can't blame McClellan, as the hostility in the White House Press Room has greatly increased well past the level of any professional decorum. Notable among the persistant agitators, are the White House reporters for ABC News, including their correspondant Martha Raddatzh, who's a withered hag with a chip on her shoulder the size of a buick. Her nightly reports are so dramaticized that I expect to hear theme music in the background. There have been others as well and McClellan usually didn't handle being shouted at very well. I was watching a report recently that was implying that reporters in the press room know they'll get play on all of the major news channels if they can engage in a verbal fight with the press secretary. Priceless.

So now the conspiracy theorists are out in force, decrying the naming of Snow to the position. Naming a FOX News correspondant won't score any points with the Left, as they're convinced that FOX news gets their marching orders from Washington, much in the same way that the Right believes ABC, CBS, and NBC get their marching orders from the DNC. (Of course, CNN gets their marching orders from Al-Jazzeera.)

First off, I think Snow will do a great job. I watch Tony Snow and I like him. He's actually been pretty vocal about the President in the past; even fairly recently. I disagree with a lot that is going on in the White House lately so Snow has pretty much fallen in with my thinking on many issues. Plus, he's a cancer survivor. While that doesn't mean he's going to be good at any particular job or another, that's a trait that I hold in pretty high regard.

Now, of course, according to the Left, the only reason he was hired is because he's from Fox News so the "white house can control the situation". I'm not seeing a lot of people recognize his talent or accomplishments. That's a real shame.

I think it will be wonderful to see the Brady Room tamed by someone who's trained to debate and think on his feet. Radio commentators are like that. Maybe some manners and respect will become the norm in the press.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home