Soon To Be Classics

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Silent Birth and Idiots

Well, it's been a long time since I've done a post on Tom Cruise but this was just too good.

I was watching a news report this morning with a Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld on FOX News about the "silent birth" procedure that Cruise's "religion" demands. Here's what MSN.com said about the procedure:

"The doctrine also states that newborns cannot be poked or prodded for medical tests or even spoken to for the first seven days of their lives, believing that babies go through so much pain during the birth, they shouldn't have to experience any further discomfort or sensory experience that could return later in life to haunt them."

Rosenfeld's take was that this policy could actually be harmful to the child. Remember that a child in the womb is NOT deaf and they can hear an awful lot going around, including the voice of the parents. In fact, it's believed this is soothing to the child. (Think of "imprinting" with horses and other animals.) So now, born under this "religion" you are supposed to actually take away stimulus from a newborn.

Note too that the doctor is not allowed to have any tests done for a week after birth. I understand that there are a lot of religions out there that don't like modern medicine. They have their opinion, I have mine.

I weep for the baby Zenu.

6 Comments:

  • I saw this. Tom Cruise is a friggin moran.

    By Blogger DEATH_BY_MONKEYS, at 10:39 AM  

  • I hate him soooooooooo much. Please, no one see MI:3! I don't care what he's in, I'm not watchin' it. What a tool.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 4:54 AM  

  • I feel so "Rock / Me / Hard Place" about Mission Impossible III.

    I was pretty neutral about the first one, and hated the second one. I didn't like how basically only the first 10 minutes of the first movie actually felt like it had anything to do with Mission Impossible, the original series. After that, it was just typical action hero fare, and not much about a "team" pulling off a "mission" together.

    And yeah, Cruise is a total whack job. If a movie star were going to pull me into the theater to see an action movie all about him/her (title and source material notwithstanding), it wouldn't be Tom Cruise.

    But... on the other hand...

    This is J.J. Abrams' movie directing debut. I don't have Joss Whedon levels of worship and adoration for the guy, but I quite like his stuff. I'd like to see his movie and support him. And I'd like to hope (perhaps stupidly?) that since his show Alias DOES have a vibe much more true to the Mission Impossible series, that maybe his movie version would too.

    Plus, Philip Seymour Hoffman as a bad guy. Big plus.

    So... what's a person who wants to vote both "yea" and "nay" with his wallet supposed to do??

    By Blogger DrHeimlich, at 4:03 PM  

  • Stay home, and teach them that putting Tom Cruise in a movie will kill it, no matter how many other cool people are associated with it.

    Plus, II was horrible, man. What makes you think that anything or anyone could make III good?

    By Blogger Kathy, at 10:40 PM  

  • 2 was awful. All the way. Cruise is the biggest moran ever. Stay away like the plauge.

    By Blogger DEATH_BY_MONKEYS, at 4:37 PM  

  • Kooky religions make me sad.

    Like the one that says you can't eat meat for 6 consecutive Fridays out of the year. I mean, really, who makes this stuff up?

    By Blogger Jason, at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home