Soon To Be Classics

Friday, April 21, 2006

So What's Up?

I almost never do this, but I figured it was time for a "personal update".

I think I'm doing pretty good right now. At work, I'm at the helm of a great new game with a lot of really positive buzz behind it. Everyday, I get to see another piece of the overall picture come together and it's very exciting. Literally, I get to "play" at work everyday. My other game needs a little work and it's very challenging to dig into it and figure out what to do. There's a couple of other incredible things being dangled in front of me so it's all good.

The wife and kids have been gone for 9 days now. It's gone by fast but I really miss them. They'll be back in a few days.

My diet kinda crashed when I went to Vegas and I just haven't gotten back on track. Put 5 pounds back on so I need to get back in step.

The last couple of weeks have been very strange. In rapid succession, several members of my Radio past have contacted me out of the blue. Glenda, Casey and Johnny all dropped me a line and it was great to hear from them. I'm going back to Ohio ("home") in June and plan on seeing all of them. Working with them was the best times in my life and the Franks family was truly a family to me.

By the way, I finally broke down and bought a pair of headphones for work. I could never understand why everyone had headphones until I moved from my office to a cubicle. Yikes. At the moment, I'm jamming to Tina Turner's "The Best"; probably my favorite song when I'm feeling good about things.

I wish the world was doing better. The war sucks, I'm sick of politicians and the hatred on both sides. There's been a lot of violence against children lately. I have no pity for the people who commit these acts. As I'm typing this, there's a special on TV about the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital showing young kids with cancer. Just breaks my heart and makes me realize how lucky I am.

I mowed the lawn with my manual lawn mower. For some reason, it did a reallly crappy job and now I wish I had a gasoline powered push mower again. But, the yard is blooming and the flowers are popping up everywhere. My lawn is very over-landscaped and there's no way I can keep up with it.

As I doubt my wife will read this, I have a surprise for her upon her return. I have spent a lot of time while she's away building her a craft room in the garage. I can actually swing a hammer when I need to and I really enjoy building projects like this. I've framed in an 8x10' room and will hang insulation and hopefully drywall this weekend. I can't do the ceiling by myself so that part will not get done. Hanging the 10' ceiling frame by myself was a challenge but I can be clever when I need to be and a nice rope and pulley system worked wonders. Gotta love MacGuyver.

Now I'm listening to "My Town" by the Michael Stanley Band. You have never heard of them. They were a Cleveland band and makes me long for that city. (It's a great place, really!)

Enough rambling. Thanks for making it this far.

3 Comments:

  • That's my favorite Tina song! And the music video with the horse and Tina's bare legs...I've said to much.

    By Blogger Hayden, at 1:53 PM  

  • I've been away from you for more than 9 days and I don't see you writing about missing me. I guess you don't love me anymore :(

    Glad to hear most things are doing well for you.

    By Blogger TMac, at 6:10 PM  

  • omg...does you guys still have that god forsaken stove? if so, now is the time. I can have a couple guys over to your house in no time to "lose it".

    We can show it as a break-in (with little to no damage) and maybe ruffle up the curtains a bit. You gotta come up with the story as to why the only thing that was stolen was this old, beat up, rusty stove that weighs about 7 THOUSAND pounds.

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home