Soon To Be Classics

Monday, January 16, 2006

The streak is broken



The forecasters in Seattle are very upset. 26 days of straight measurable rainfall ended yesterday when (gasp!) it didn't rain. (Rain, by the way, is defined as a measureable amount of precipitation as read via the high tech instruments at Seatac Airport. I understand that these instruments include, among other things, a plastic pail, a sharpee, and a ruler.)

Now despite the worry caused by the national news (and I do so thank the voluminous outpouring of concern) Seattle is not slipping into the sea. We have had mudslides, yes, but that's what happens when you build your house on:
a) mud
b) a slide

A couple of days ago, the news announced that homes were destroyed or damaged in Renton (which happens to the be the city I live in) but in at least 4 successive newscasts, failed to mention exactly WHERE in town this happened.

Also, it's not like we haven't seen the sun. Fellow WoWer friends of mine will recall a morning I couldn't follow them into Blackrock Depths because the sun streaming in the window blinded me to the Orc that was pounding on me. To some of you, that will make sense. To the rest, blame it on waterlog.

So the streak is done. Gosh, I hope we try for it again next year. Or next month. By the way, it's raining like hell right now.

2 Comments:

  • You win. Yesterday was our best chance at "measurable rain" in a long time, but it didn't happen. We're over 90 days w/o rain now.

    Please, send some of that wet stuff down here!!!

    Please?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:14 PM  

  • whoa..that's right, i live in the same metro as bygood.

    and I thought I was going to be able to get a whitty quip off. :(

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home