Soon To Be Classics

Monday, July 14, 2008

To Me

Today is my birthday. Not a particularly special one. I turned 43. 3 years past 40. 7 more to 50. 11 from the age my dad died. (Sorry, feeling a bit morbid today.)

The family is still split. We have zero movement on the house in Seattle. Bailey sent me a wonderfully scribbled birthday greeting on the MSM Messenger handwriting utility. It's hard to draw with a mouse but she drew a cake, with candles (only 2) and the words "Happy Birthday". The ironic moment of the day was a former website that more than a few times called for my firing when I was with my previous company was the first to wish me a Happy Birthday. I suspect it was an automated email.

So things are not really well. Absence makes the heart go fonder. Extend absences just kill you slowly. I get to spend a couple of days home this weekend. Then I think it's another several weeks before I can go back. I have one more day on my prophecy.

The prophecy, was when I flew from Seattle to Denver last week. I sat next to an older woman that was blind. The flight attendant asked me to help her out, which I did. We got to talking and she started telling me about her faith. She was very sweet and a joy to talk to. I told her about our situation and she said she would pray for me and that she felt God would deliver good news within a week. Tomorrow is the week. We'll see what happens.

2 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday, my friend. I thought of you today, which is odd, because it's been too many years and I forgot it was your birthday.

    But maybe it was some good energy, making its way to you. Sure hope so.

    **hug** Good luck with the move.

    By Blogger Beanie, at 8:23 PM  

  • I wait with great anticipation for the follow up on your prophesy!

    By Blogger Roycer, at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home