Soon To Be Classics

Friday, February 15, 2008

What A Day

Today was my final day at work. I got in about 7:40 to be greeted by my cube covered in balloons and confetti.

Throughout the day, I received some lovely gifts, lots of "we'll miss yous" and yes, some more snubbing. We had a great lunch in my honor with some very nice things said by both of my bosses. There were literally so many moments today worth noting, it's hard to remember them all. The best part of the day was that I pulled off securing a MAJOR promotion with one of our licensors that I was told I wouldn't be able to do. These guys liked my promotion so much I was able to pretty much put it to bed by lunchtime. Everyone seemed surprised that I was still working up to my last day. That's how I roll baby. :)

After work, the company President took me out for a drink. We talked business and we talked about other stuff. He's a genuinely nice guy and one that I hate disappointing.

After that, the rest of us joined up at this Chinese restaurant-bar. The group there was just about perfect. There's one or two people that I wish would have come, but pretty much the crowd there was right. At one point, at a lull in the conversation, Rollie told me to entertain the crowd. So I asked everyone to share their favorite memories of me. That was a hoot. It's fun to learn how other people see you.

Leaving was tough. Especially saying goodbye to Rollie. He's pretty much been my go to guy since coming here. I don't think they realize how solid he is. I'm not sure he does either. It's so rare you meet someone in this life that you really trust to watch your back.

So the next chapter begins. The realtor rescheduled and will be here tomorrow. The POD is here so we begin loading it tomorrow. In just over 1 week, I hit the road for the next phase of life.

But that's next week. Today, was a pretty good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home