Soon To Be Classics

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Mad Dash

Today is Monday. The last Monday at work, at least in this job. In two Monday's I report to my new job provided I can get my Grand Am through the mountain passes that have received a record eleventy-billion inches of snow this year. (Yes, that is a number because numbers are infinite so sooner or later "eleventy" comes up.)

I've received some incredibly flattering emails from various levels of customers. Many I have know for years, others for just my last couple. Consider I've been involved in the hobby gaming industry since 1995 in one form or another. On the other hand, some of the forums are filled with the most incredible hatred and bile directed toward me than I have ever seen. This must be what it's like to be in politics.

Right now, we're in the mad dash to get the house ready. The realty agent is coming over tomorrow. We'll call her Donna, as in Prima. Her introductory packet contains 14 photos of her (5 full body shots) and not one photo of a house. That would be like a sausage ad showing only pictures of the grinder and nothing of the meat. Well, it's sort of like that. Really. Did you know eleventy might not be a real number?

Anyway, "Donna" (according to her bio) is the most successful real estate agent in our neighborhood which I believer her translation of "neighborhood" is "all of creation". She is REALLY impressed with herself. For some reason, this is putting heightened pressure on us. We have two kids, which means our house looks roughly like one of those houses they used to test atomic bombs in the desert, but in mid blast. We have a LOT of work to do. Booger removal from the wall next to J's bed is next on the list.

2 Comments:

  • I saw some of those hateful posts too. I think if you're not getting that kind of reaction from somebody then you're not doing things important enough. The good far outweighed the bad.

    By Blogger Shocho, at 5:58 AM  

  • Whee! Here I am in blissful forum oblivion! Good thing you're not running for governor, eh?

    So I'm going to ask the moronic question now. Are you ready?

    Why are you hiring Gilderoy Lockhart to sell your house? ;)

    And it's eleventy bezillion, incidentally.

    By Blogger Beanie, at 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home