Soon To Be Classics

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Thank God It's Tuesday

I'm glad Monday is over.

I officially gave my notice to WizKids yesterday and told them that I would be accepting the offer from Sony Online Entertainment. I will be working as a Brand Manager for the San Diego Office, but will be embedded in Denver. Most everyone took it very professionally. There's a couple of people that appear to be snubbing me in the hallway, and have yet to say a word to me since I sent the email. People react to things in different ways, I suppose. My departure will certainly pile more work on the backs of folks that are already busy, and I do feel horribly guilty about that, but it was really something I did for my family.

The family and I are very excited about the move. Denver has 300 days of sunshine a year. (I think that's a guarantee.) The job is great money, houses are MUCH cheaper there, and the traffic is not as bad. We can finally get a big yard for the kids and I think in the melee of talking to them we promised them a dog.

The details are still being hashed out and now we have the horrible task of moving, trying to sell a house, buy a house, get two cars 1000 miles, etc. Gimmie another deep breath, folks.

7 Comments:

  • Holy crow! Sounds like a good move. I love Denver. And San Diego. Lots of worse places to have to visit for work.

    Congratulations, my friend.

    And good luck. (hug)

    P.S. I have a really dumb Kerry Blue Terrier you can have. Cheap.

    By Blogger Beanie, at 8:18 PM  

  • Very sunny today!

    We'll keep the light on for ya. :)

    By Blogger Shocho, at 6:57 AM  

  • Grats!!!

    but you do know it snows there ;)

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 10:13 AM  

  • Take care out there!

    I'll miss you out here.

    By Blogger Charles, at 1:46 PM  

  • Congrats Mark. I hear there are some great people out there! ;)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:18 AM  

  • Congrats! Keep up informed!

    By Blogger Roycer, at 7:34 AM  

  • And the number of former Decipher employees and/or players working at SOE increases by one. :)

    By Blogger Steve Horton, at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home