Soon To Be Classics

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's Going By Fast

My boy goes to pre-school tomorrow. He'll be 4 next month. I oftentimes wish he'd just stop growing right now so I never have to give him up. I cannot imagine what people's lives are like when they choose to not have children. Sports cars instead of mini-vans, leather sofa vs. milk stained, dinners and movies out vs. wishing they would just finally go to sleep already.

You folks have absolutely no idea what you're missing.

My wife sent me an email from a teacher today saying my daughter was very bright and considerate. She had to take money to school to buy her lunch and was very methodical and direct with the directions we gave her. She's 6 going on 12.

Sorry for the rambling post, but it keeps me from going upstairs and waking them up for another goodnight hug. I guess I should get those in while they still let me.

2 Comments:

  • Ooo. Pre-school. It's a big step, for certain.

    We did eight years without kids before we embarked on seven years with kids. There were things I loved about both phases of my life and marriage.

    The thing I miss most? Being able to have a conversation at 4:30 pm that goes:

    Hey
    Hey
    So what's up for later?
    I'm thinking about stopping at the gym after work.
    Cool. I'm gonna swing by Jeff's place for a bit. How 'bout we hook up at Borders when you get done working out and maybe we'll walk over and get a bite to eat at that new Mexican place?
    It's s a plan

    Totally worth it, though. The people at the gym don't give hugs nearly as good as my seven-year-old.

    By Blogger Beanie, at 6:44 AM  

  • Your kids are going to be terrific at school. And hug 'em while you can, those options are diminishing.

    By Blogger Shocho, at 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home