Soon To Be Classics

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wrong Side Of The Pond

Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllright....

Season 2 (or 29?) of Doctor Who has officially ended here in the States, and I have to say that I have enjoyed it. Resisting the Internet spoilers, I was pleasantly surprised that the "death of Rose Tyler" was handled appropriately for a major character. The episode ended with a certain sense of a "reset" where the Doctor pretty much left things better than they were before. Rose's family was restored, her life was richer for meeting him, and Mickey got his girl back. All in all, a very nice bookend to the two years that were less about the Doctor than about Rose. I can't wait for the next season.

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • I guess you haven't seen the deleted scene where Mickey finds out that Ricky was gay and was having a relationship with the other guy that was in his "resistance" group. I think Mickey already had his new relationship in the alt!universe before Rose landed there.

    I am not making that up. I'll dig up the scene if you want to see it. It was pretty cool.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home