Soon To Be Classics

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Time To Vote














After avoiding it for several seasons, I finally somewhat got into American Idol this year. I've watched the last couple of episodes although tonight was the first I watched straight through. Since it first premiered, I thought Idol was "idiot TV" and considered it beneath me. I'm not sure exactly what hooked me this year, but I suspect it was the lack of anything else to watch on TV.

So tonight, I'm watching the show and it's down to Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks. Both are very talented but I think Hicks will probably win after tonight's voting.

What really got me though, was the one time Paula Abdul said something that wasn't moronic. I was watching McPhee do a *beautiful* rendition of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and they kept showing her father who was in the audience. He's got tears running down his face. After a moment, I realize that I'm bawling too. At the end of the song, Abdul noted that everyone was crying, "including every father in America who imagines his daughter being in Katharine McPhee's place". That is PRECISELY what was going through my mind as I was watching that. She totally nailed me.

So tonight, I'm going to place my vote and join the millions of Americans (and beyond?) that spend a buck on a call to make someone's dream come true. Who am I voting for? At the moment, I honestly haven't made up my mind. Maybe someday it'll be my baby.

4 Comments:

  • I can't believe that guy has made it this far


    not that I watch it

    because I don't.

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 7:18 AM  

  • Jesus Christ, I don't watch the show, but if that guy wins it's FIXED FIXED FIXED! Look at her---she's got terrific cleavage! Look at him--he looks like me! Tight satin dresses and classy hair extensions always get my vote. He should try that.

    Don't tell me it's all about the singing. If that were true, it would be a radio show.

    By Blogger Shocho, at 8:58 AM  

  • the guy one...

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 10:27 PM  

  • "Reality" television. Just as scripted as any other show. I hereby scoff, let it be noted.

    By Blogger Shocho, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home