Soon To Be Classics

Monday, February 27, 2006

It Was A Great Party








Last night, we had some friends over for a little dinner party. Looking at the carnage this morning, I thought it appropriate to share.

Tom, Deb and Elizabeth came to visit from Ohio. Now, this gets a little complicated so follow along.

Deb is my former co-host from my Radio days at WNKO-FM / WHTH-AM in Central Ohio. Deb was the last of several co-hosts I had and arguably, my favorite. Everything just clicked between us so well. Tom is her husband, whose best friend Rob works in the gaming industry (and whom I interact with in my current business). Years ago, at a convention, my best friend, Gary was talking to Rob and both were comparing stories how they knew people in Radio in Ohio. It was pretty funny for all when we realized we had these circular connections.

But I digress. Elizabeth, by the way, is their beautiful little girl who is the same age as my daughter. Based on our horrendous eating habits in Radio, I decided we should have a Chinese appetizer dinner disaster. Jen came through and really whipped up a lot of great stuff. We had potstickers, shrimp toast, cream cheese wontons, egg rolls, General Tso's chicken, and eventually cheesecake.

I feel like I'm going to die today. :(

We played a couple of games of Tsuro (which Deb and Tom both loved) and just sat around talking. Tom is a big comic fan and he also plays WoW so that was cool. The best though, was just catching up with Deb. It was fun to fall back into the vocal cues that we used to always take off of each other. Our favorite (and most versatile) was "we are SOOOOOO fucked!" Of course, we never used it on-air but we knew to use it.

While the girls had a ball playing together, we eventually got around to the inevitable "why aren't we both in Radio right now" question. I think we both realize that we'd probably never have as much fun as when we were working together. Tom blurted out something to effect of "..well one of you get a job and hire the other.." to which I replied, "..you have to fire the corporate entity first". Unfortunately, you just can't do the show we used to do anymore.

Tom and Deb are in town for the week and we're going to hook up with them again before they go. Maybe there will be less dishes next time. :)

2 Comments:

  • Tsuro is awesome. One of the most fun games I have played in awhile.

    My store owner hooked me on it a few months ago.

    By Blogger DEATH_BY_MONKEYS, at 12:14 PM  

  • Tsuro is awesome. One of the most fun games I have played in awhile.

    My store owner hooked me on it a few months ago.

    By Blogger DEATH_BY_MONKEYS, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home