Soon To Be Classics

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Off to Germany

I will be taking my first international trip today as I fly off to Essen, Germany. It's a business trip so it's only for a few days but I'll be sure and take pics and blog along the way as I'm able. Right now, I'm just prepping for the unGodly long plane trip.

What's funny, is that at first, I was worried about the fact that from Seattle, the flight to Heathrow goes OVER THE TOP of the world. "Holy crap!" I thought. I don't want to fly over the Arctic. Then I realized, at 38,000 feet, it's pretty much the same. If you crash, you die. Would I prefer to crash in Hawaii? Maybe. But most of my life flying has been side to side. Up and over just seems to make it even scarier than usual.

4 Comments:

  • Say hi to Santa and the elves for me!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:27 PM  

  • Mark Tuttle stars in Lost season 3...FROM THE ARCTIC!!!!

    you know what is funny...my word verification was fockqq.

    By Blogger TheGirard, at 9:32 AM  

  • You're travelling in a thin aluminium tube with a thin metal skin protecting you from the -50C temperature outside, with 2-4 engines straining to keep you up there, 7+ miles in the air, with your head resting on a pillow rich in coliforms, breathing recycled air which is recycling every virus that your fellow passengers have sneezed or yacked out, while eating listeria rich airline food.....and you're worried about whether you'll feel cold if you crash??????

    Have a good flight!

    By Blogger Trundling Grunt, at 5:32 PM  

  • You won't be able to get metal through the airport, so make sure to bring a couple plastic sets of silverware. You know, in case you need to eat your fellow passengers after you crash.

    By Blogger Jason, at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home