Soon To Be Classics

Friday, November 23, 2007

Holidays Can Kill

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. We went to a friend's house instead of hosting at our own, as is our preference. Dinner was ok. I actually didn't overeat and was oddly hungry around bedtime. I even avoided the deadly food coma and felt pretty good driving home.

For Friday, I had a ton to do. The weather here in the Upper NW was actually decent, for a change, so I thought I would get a head start on the outside lights. We began decorating inside for Christmas so I had to rearrange the living room furniture. The centerpiece of our front room is a beautiful, three sided front window. It's absolutely perfect for a tree and oddly enough, we haven't put a tree there in the two years since we've been here. So, I moved the piano. I moved the couch. I moved the loveseat. I then crawled under the house and carried the Christmas tree up and into the living room. I bent down to pick up the tree and...

Snap.

Out went my back. I let out a scream (or four) and hit the floor. It literally took me 45 minutes to get to the point that I could even move. Unable to even stand, I had to crawl to the couch. Somehow, the phrase "I've fallen and I can't get up" no longer seemed so funny.

I have been on my back most of the day taking pain relievers and wearing a heat belt of some kind. This is without question the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I'm up and around now, but it's still pretty unbearable.

Man, getting old sucks.

2 Comments:

  • Ooo. Sweetie, that sounds like a heaping helping of NO FUN.

    Time to take up Pilates again.

    Or for the first time.

    Feel better, OK?

    By Blogger Beanie, at 7:50 PM  

  • Yeesh! That was a lot of moving of stuff. I threw out my back twice, and it's no damned fun. Rest is best!

    By Blogger Shocho, at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home