Soon To Be Classics

Saturday, May 14, 2005

To blog or not to blog

I would be willing to bet that title has been entered thousands of times on the Internet "Blogosphere". I set up my blog originally at the behest of a good friend, made one post, and then did nothing else with it.

That same friend was just laid off along with a number of other good friends. Not having his personal email address, I went to his blog to see how he was doing. I wasn't disappointed. Sure enough, his latest blog entry drifted into the realm of therapy with friends stopping by to wish him well and offer help. So it seems like there's something cleansing and healing about this form of expression. I spent 17 years in radio on stations that pretty much let me say what I wished. Now that I no longer have that outlet, perhaps it's time for some new way to post my inane observations on the world.

So for all of you reading (and I hope there's at least a few), you're the doctor and I'm just getting comfortable on your couch.

Let the therapy begin.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah! When I got upset about something, I used to write letters. I wrote a lot of letters to Time Magazine, for example. It made me feel better. My Mom did this too, and we found lots of letters in her desk that she didn't even send. They were good ones. Anyway, now I blog instead.

    Welcome to the Blogosphere. I hate that term.

    By Blogger Shocho, at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home